We don't go in for rules in a big way, but we do believe that there should be minimum standards of behaviour for the benefit of all who play in the Acol Club.
Code of Conduct :
We subscribe to the BBO Code of Conduct. Serious offences include :
- the use of profanity as well as racist or sexually explicit
- insulting your partner, opponents, or any other player in
- kibitzers chatting with players about the content of unseen
- sending private chat to members who have asked you to stop doing so
- accusations of cheating.
Management and Staff :
We have a minimum number of staff - just sufficient to maintain the club's programme of activities and the web-site :
- Lawrence (aacol) is the Manager of the Acol Players' Bridge Club. He also deals with our relationships with BBO, our hosts.
- Sue (ssukaye) is our assistant manager.
- John (jandrew)
is the webmaster and tourney coordinator.
- Shintaro, markl, gypsy1308, sandra749 and many others give their time to run tourneys and teams matches.
We don't see ourselves as a sort of Appeals Committee. If you have problems, whether about another player's behaviour, or about the bidding or play of a hand you should follow the usual BBO procedures. Here's a good place to start.